Friday, May 20, 2011

An Introductory Message Of the Mom, Thousands of Miles Away From Her Child

Naomi, my first baby, was born on June 24, 2008 at 23:45, earlier than I expected. I, as her mom, was on the delivery room for almost 9 hours trying to deliver her in a normal section that day, till the doctor decided to bring me to operation and give birth thru Cesarean Section. I asked the doctor to allow me to view my family (mom & sister) who was there in the hospital before my operation. I tried all my best to stay awake during the surgery, praying to God to let me hear my baby cried before I become unconscious. When my baby came out, she cried. After I heard an angel sweet voice and hearing the nurses saying how beautiful she is so then I began to sleep. It was a pleasant operation having no pain all the way of my delivery.

After that day,  the doctor visited us to advice about Naomi’s condition. The doctor explained that there is an abnormality in her heart beat so called mur-mur, a sign of congenital heart disease. After one week, me and my elder sister brought her to a cardiologist in Laguna, to make have Nicole test 2D Echo. Everything was still unsure, as the doctor is saying that there is a hole in her heart but the he cannot identify what type of heart disease she has. Naomi seems to be a normal baby till she reached her 4th months. During that age she start moving a lot and we observe her nail’s, lips, foot & palm color becoming dark I also noticed that she cannot breathe well which change her to blue.

Again, me and my sister brought her to a big hospital in Manila to do another examination of 2D Echo and the doctor explain to us that Naomi is in serious case of heart disease called “Tetralogy Of Fallot” which will be needed immediate operation, commonly best in 2 years of age. We need PH500,000.00 to PH1,000,000.00 to bring her to operation. I explored manila to find a job to support her needs as I am a single mother and taking full responsibility to provide her needs I never asked any support from Nicole's father since I decided to leave him when I found out that my long time boyfriend (her father) is a married man. It has never been easy to get a job in my country till I got hired abroad and currently working in Qatar as a receptionist. I left Naomi when she was 1 year & 3 months under my mom's (her grandmother) guidance. Every day living five thousand miles away from her is like a hell burning my body and killing me emotionally. Prayers make me stronger to stay and support her daily needs, trusting her that she will never give up motivate me to work harder.

My earnings will take a long years to be able to save the amount she needed, I am asking your kind heart to help us to raise the funds for my daughter open heart surgery. Any amount & prayers that you can contribute for the success of her operation will be highly appreciated. May The Almighty God Bless Us All.


Sincerely,
Miracle D. Liwag
mother of Naomi Nicolette L. Balmores

No comments:

Post a Comment